Dermal fillers such as Juvéderm® are popular smooth gel filler that instantly smooth away wrinkles. As a FDA approved hyaluronic acid filler, Juvéderm® is very well-tolerated as hyaluronic acid is a natural substance in the body, thus it is less likely to create allergy issues. It helps smoothen out unwanted wrinkles and restore natural contours by adding volume to the dermal layer and below, returning to a state similar to that of youth.
Dermal fillers are becoming increasingly popular as a means to help reverse the changes associated with aging. Because the goal is to return the dermis to its original youthful state, dermal fillers can give a more natural appearance than surgical face lifts. Dermal fillers are being used to reduce or eliminate wrinkles, raise scar depressions, enhance lips, and replace soft-tissue volume loss. As our skin ages, the dermis gradually loses its major constituents: collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid. Collagen acts as the major support protein for our skin, elastin allows our skin to stay firm and resist wrinkles, and hyaluronic acid helps to trap water and add volume and shape to our skin.
It is recommended for treatment of the following:
- Lifting features of the face
- Correcting wrinkles to restore smoothness
- Filling in acne scars
- Enhancing cheekbones to make them fuller and more defined
- Enlarging lips for a fuller and softer pout
- Correcting lip deformities or asymmetry
- Non-surgical nose job to fill in dips and valleys in the nose bridge
- Filling in hollows under the eyes that contribute to dark circles